VLC for Android Download for PC – Looking for a way to Download VLC for Android for Windows 10/8/7? Then you are in the right place. Continue to find out different possible ways to Download and Install one of the best Video Players & Editors app VLC for Android for PC.
Do you know you can still use any of your favourite Android or iOS apps on your laptop even if they are not officially available for PC platform? Yes, they do exits few different ways you can install Android apps on Windows machine and use them as you use on Android smartphone. Here in this article we are gonna present you the process in a step by step guide. Before that let’s check out the technical specifications of the app.
VLC for Android for PC – Technical Specifications
|Name||VLC for Android|
|Category||Video Players & Editors|
|File size||Varies with device|
VLC for Android for PC has got stunning ratings and reviews in both Google playstore and Apple App store. With over 100,000,000+ installations and 4.4 star average user aggregate rating points, it is on the top spot of Google Playstore’s Video Players & Editors apps. Currently VLC for Android is under Editor’s Choice Apps section in Playstore.
If you haven’t installed VLC for Android on your Android smartphone, here is the Google playstore link for you. It is worth installing on your smartphone –
VLC for Android Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 Laptop:
Even though official version of VLC for Android for Desktop is not available, you can still Download and use VLC for Android for Windows 10 or VLC for Android for Mac using few different methods available. We will list down all the possibilities with each ones pros and cons.
We are gonna use Android emulators to install and Download VLC for Android for PC Windows 10/8/7 Laptop. You can follow the similar process to get this app on your Mac as well. Android emulators simulates android devices on laptop so that you can run or test Android apps on laptop. There are plenty of emulators available on the internet. We will list down the best ones and let you know the process to run VLC for Android for PC in a step by step guide.
VLC for Android Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 – Method 1:
We are going to use one of the best and most popular Android emulator – Bluestacks here. Bluestacks is known for its rich graphics and great user experience. So without much ado, let’s jump in to the step by step process for VLC for Android Download for Laptop using Bluestacks emulator.
- Step 1: Download and Install Bluestacks Emulator on your laptop. Haven’t installed it earlier? Here is the download link and installation guide for you – Download Bluestacks for PC
- Step 2: Installation process takes few minutes time depending upon your internet speed. Wait for it to complete the installation.
- Step 3: Now just open bluestacks app player. First boot may take 2-3 minutes based on your PC performance.
- Step 4: You can find Search bar on the home screen as shown in the image below. Search for the app you want to install. In our case VLC for Android for PC. You can even open Google Playstore and search for the same.
Step 6: Once you click on the Install button, VLC for Android will be installed automatically on Bluestacks. You can find the app under list of installed apps in Bluestacks.
- Step 5: Now a new pop up window of Google playstore will appear where you can find VLC for Android app information and Install button.
Now you can just double click on the app icon in bluestacks and start using VLC for Android app on your laptop. You can use the app the same way you use it on your Android or iOS smartphones.
If you have APK file, then there is an option in Bluestacks to Import APK file. You don’t need to go to Google Playstore and install the game. However using the standard method to Install any android applications is recommended.
The latest version of Bluestacks (Bluestacks 4) comes with high performance (6X faster than most of the phones) and great design. Billion games are being played on Bluestacks each and every month. So it is always the first and preferred way for Download VLC for Android for PC. But you need to have a PC with minimum configuration otherwise you may face frequent stuck while using it.
VLC for Android Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 – Method 2:
Another best and recently gaining huge popularity is MemuPlay emulator. It is regarded as the best choice for playing games. In fact it is developed exclusively for gaming purposes. So here in this method we will see how we can Download VLC for Android for Windows 10 or 8 or 7 Laptop with MemuPlay emulator. The process is quite similar to how we install VLC for Android for PC using Bluestacks.
- Step 1: Download and Install MemuPlay on your PC. You can download it from here – Memu Play Official Website. Just open this website and you can find the Emulator file Download link on top of the screen
- Step 2: Once the emulator is installed, open it and find Google Playstore app icon on the home screen. Just click on it.
- Step 3: Now search for VLC for Android app on Google playstore. Find the official app from Videolabs developer and click on the Install button.
- Step 4: Upon successful installation, you can find VLC for Android on the home screen of MEmu Play.
MemuPlay is simple and easy to use emulator. It is very lightweight compared to Bluestacks. As it is designed for Gaming purposes, you can play high end games like PUBG, Mini Militia, Temple Run etc.
VLC for Android – Features:
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the popup menu.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.
• It needs “record audio” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only used with Android TV version.
VLC for Android for PC – Bottom Line:
Even though there are few good apps are available in Video Players & Editors category, VLC for Android has got enormous popularity and user base with its simple yet effective use.
We have mentioned most of the best and probable solutions for using VLC for Android for PC. You can follow any of the method to get all the features of VLC for Android on your laptop and enjoy the Video Players & Editors on your PC.
I’m concluding this article on VLC for Android Download for PC with this. If you have any queries or doubts regarding the same, you can let us know through comments. We will be glad to resolve your queries. Cheers!