Wikipedia Download for PC – Looking for a way to Download Wikipedia for Windows 10/8/7? Then you are in the right place. Continue to find out different possible ways to Download and Install one of the best Books & Reference app Wikipedia for PC.
Do you know you can still use any of your favorite Android or iOS apps on your laptop even if they are not officially available for PC platform? Yes, they do exits a few different ways you can install Android apps on Windows machine and use them as you use on Android smartphone. Here in this article, we are gonna present you the process in a step by step guide. Before that let’s check out the technical specifications of the app.
Wikipedia for PC – Technical Specifications
Books & Reference
Varies with device
Wikipedia for PC has got stunning ratings and reviews in both Google playstore and Apple App store. With over 10,000,000+ installations and 4.6 star average user aggregate rating points, it is on the top spot of Google Playstore’s Books & Reference apps. Currently, Wikipedia is under Editor’s Choice Apps section in Playstore.
If you haven’t installed Wikipedia on your Android smartphone, here is the Google playstore link for you. It is worth installing on your smartphone –
Even though official version of Wikipedia for Desktop is not available, you can still Download and use Wikipedia for Windows 10 or Wikipedia for Mac using few different methods available. We will list down all the possibilities with each ones pros and cons.
We are gonna use Android emulators to install and Download Wikipedia for PC Windows 10/8/7 Laptop. You can follow a similar process to get this app on your Mac as well. Android emulators simulate android devices on a laptop so that you can run or test Android apps on laptop. There are plenty of emulators available on the internet. We will list down the best ones and let you know the process to run Wikipedia for PC in a step by step guide.
Wikipedia Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 – Method 1:
We are going to use one of the best and most popular Android emulator – Bluestacks here. Bluestacks is known for its rich graphics and great user experience. So without much ado, let’s jump into the step by step process for Wikipedia Download for Laptop using Bluestacks emulator.
Step 1: Download and Install Bluestacks Emulator on your laptop. Haven’t installed it earlier? Here is the download link and installation guide for you – Download Bluestacks for PC
Step 2: Installation process takes few minutes time depending upon your internet speed. Wait for it to complete the installation.
Step 3: Now just open bluestacks app player. First boot may take 2-3 minutes based on your PC performance.
Step 4: You can find Search bar on the home screen as shown in the image below. Search for the app you want to install. In our case Wikipedia for PC. You can even open Google Playstore and search for the same.
Step 5: Now a new pop up window of Google playstore will appear where you can find Wikipedia app information and Install button.
Step 6: Once you click on the Install button, Wikipedia will be installed automatically on Bluestacks. You can find the app under list of installed apps in Bluestacks.
Now you can just double click on the app icon in bluestacks and start using Wikipedia app on your laptop. You can use the app the same way you use it on your Android or iOS smartphones.
If you have APK file, then there is an option in Bluestacks to Import APK file. You don’t need to go to Google Playstore and install the game. However, using the standard method to Install any android applications is recommended.
The latest version of Bluestacks (Bluestacks 4) comes with high performance (6X faster than most of the phones) and great design. Billions of games are being played on Bluestacks each and every month. So it is always the first and preferred way for Download Wikipedia for PC. But you need to have a PC with minimum configuration otherwise you may face frequent stuck while using it.
Wikipedia Download for PC Windows 10/8/7 – Method 2:
Another best and recently gaining huge popularity is MemuPlay emulator. It is regarded as the best choice for playing games. In fact, it is developed exclusively for gaming purposes. So here in this method we will see how we can Download Wikipedia for Windows 10 or 8 or 7 Laptop with MemuPlay emulator. The process is quite similar to how we install Wikipedia for PC using Bluestacks.
Step 1: Download and Install MemuPlay on your PC. You can download it from here – Memu Play Official Website. Just open this website and you can find the Emulator file Download link on top of the screen
Step 2: Once the emulator is installed, open it and find Google Playstore app icon on the home screen. Just click on it.
Step 3: Now search for Wikipedia app on Google playstore. Find the official app from Wikimedia Foundation developer and click on the Install button.
Step 4: Upon successful installation, you can find Wikipedia on the home screen of MEmu Play.
MemuPlay is simple and easy to use emulator. It is very lightweight compared to Bluestacks. As it is designed for Gaming purposes, you can play high-end games like PUBG, Mini Militia, Temple Run, etc.
Wikipedia – Features:
The best Wikipedia experience on your Mobile device. Ad-free and free of charge, forever. With the official Wikipedia app, you can search and explore 40 million+ articles in 300+ languages, no matter where you are.
== What people say about the app ==
“It works without mocking, mistakes, advertisements, all sorts of snaps, and that probably is the most important thing.” – Balan Radu
“Everything and more. Free, objective, impartial and neutral. What more could you want?” – Enzo Sinapsi
“It’s an essential application for a person like me who is in an academic career.” – A Google User
“Wikipedia is a complete solution to all of your doubts. If you search anything on the Wikipedia it gives you accurate results about it.” – Debraj Bhattacharya
== Why you’ll love the this app ==
1. It’s free and open Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are freely licensed and the app code is 100% open source. The heart and soul of Wikipedia is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to free, reliable and neutral information.
2. No ads Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. This app is made by the Wikimedia Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia. We provide this service in the pursuit of open knowledge that’s always ad-free and never tracks your data.
3. Read in your language Search 40 million articles in over 300 languages in the world’s largest source of information. Set your preferred languages in the app and easily switch between them when browsing or reading.
4. Use it offline Save your favorite articles and read Wikipedia offline with “My lists“. Name lists as you like and collect articles across different languages. Saved articles and reading lists are synced across all your devices and are available even when you do not have internet connectivity.
5. Attention to detail and night mode The app embraces Wikipedia’s simplicity and adds delight to it. A beautiful and distraction-free interface lets you focus on the essential: reading articles. With text size adjustment and themes in pure black, dark, sepia or light, you can choose the most pleasant reading experience for you.
== Broaden your horizon with these features ==
1. Customize your Explore feed “Explore“ lets you see recommended Wikipedia content including current events, popular articles, captivating freely-licensed photos, events on this day in history, suggested articles based on your reading history, and more.
2. Find and search Quickly find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or with the search bar at the top of the app. You can even search using your favorite emojis or voice-enabled search.
== We’d love your feedback ==
1. To send feedback from the app: In the menu, press “Settings”, then “About the Wikipedia app”, then “Send app feedback”.
2. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! More info: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/App_hacking
3. By using this app, you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. If you would like to disable this feature, press “Settings,” then turn off “Send crash reports” under the Privacy section.
4. Explanation of permissions needed by the app: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
8. About the Wikimedia Foundation: The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wiki projects. It is funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/
Wikipedia for PC – Bottom Line:
Even though there are few good apps are available in Books & Reference category, Wikipedia has got enormous popularity and user base with its simple yet effective use.
We have mentioned most of the best and probable solutions for using Wikipedia for PC. You can follow any of the methods to get all the features of Wikipedia on your laptop and enjoy the Books & Reference on your PC.
I’m concluding this article on Wikipedia Download for PC with this. If you have any queries or doubts regarding the same, you can let us know through comments. We will be glad to resolve your queries. Cheers!